Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (6)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. It is a place where all of us book geeks can share what we ar elooking forward to reading when it is published!

This week's book is:

The Lipstick Laws
By: Amy Holder
Release Date: April , 2011

Synopsis (from author's website): At Penford High School, Britney Taylor is queen bee. She dates whomever she likes, rules over her inner circle of friends like Genghis Kahn, and can ruin anyone's life as easily as snapping her perfectly manicured fingers. Just ask the unfortunate few who have crossed her.


For April Bowers, Britney is also the answer to her prayers. With zero friends and nothing close to a boyfriend, April is so unpopular, kids don't know she exists. That is, until Britney notices her. One lunch spent at Britney's table, and April is basking in the glow of popularity.

But Britney's friendship comes with a price tag.

How much is April willing to pay?

Why I can't wait:

I found this book from another author's blog that I follow that I actually featured for WOW a few weeks ago. Carrie Harris and Amy Holder help each other write together. Pretty cool. Her website is really pretty.I can't wait for this book because it reminds me of one of my favorite movies growing up: Clueless. Also it reminds me of Mean Girls with Lindsey Lohan. I remember what it was like in high school and looking at the popular group. I had a group of my own, but the popular group was the place to be. I can now read this book and laugh because I am out of high school and I think teens will like it too.

If you can't wait, try this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your inner Bookworm and leave a comment!!