Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (2)


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should be Reading.
This is how you do it:


1. Grab your current read

2. Open to a random page

3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

4. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I thought this week that I would give you a teaser from the book that I am writing right now called "Dust" and I would love to get any feedbackor advice to a newbie. I have wanted to write YA novels for the logest time and I have finally gotten enough courage to write.

Here's the Teaser!

"I thrust my hand to the bottom of the box and feel a fat envelope brush my fingers. I pick it up and lean back against the hallway wall. Poodle starts to saunter towards us and pokes her head into the box and lets out a little sneeze. Patrick scoots across the floor scooping Poodle in his arms and is practically in my lap as I open the envelope. You will never guess what is inside."

Not sure about the word saunter, but the dog is pretty prissy (and is a dauchsand named Poodle) so I didn't know what other word to put there. Can you guess what's in the envelope or in the box?

What is your Teaser Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your inner Bookworm and leave a comment!!