Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (3)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. You guys should go and check it out!!

This week's book is:
The Iron Witch
By: Karen Mahoney
Release Date: February 1, 2011


Synopsis (From Goodreads.com): Freak. That’s what they called seventeen year-old Donna Underwood in high school after a horrific fey attack that killed her father when she was just a child. Her injuries and rehabilitation resulted in magically enhanced strength, thanks to the iron tattoos branding her hands and arms. As a child of the alchemists, she is both blessed and cursed with a magical heritage that doesn't leave much room for boys, parties and homework.


Now, after ten years of wishing for a normal life, she finally has to accept her role in the centuries-old war against the darkest outcasts of Faerie: the Dark Elves. Aided by a gorgeous half-fey dropout, Donna must race to save her best friend’s life - even if it means betraying one of the world’s greatest secrets and confronting the very thing that destroyed her family.

Why I can't wait:

I must admit that I am a fantasy loving girl. I love to pretend like I am the heroine in the fantasty novels with all of their cool magic abilities. I'm not so sure I like the chracters name Donna Underwood. It doesn't seem very fantasy like. I do like the rest of the synopsis. It sounds like a book that I am in to. Who doesn't love a Dark Elve right? I am looking forward to sailing away and getting lost in this book.

What are you looking forward to reading?

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this as well, it looks great!

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete

Show me your inner Bookworm and leave a comment!!