Monday, July 19, 2010

Book #10- Adult Vampire













Undead and Unwed
By: Mary Janice Davidson

Synopsis (from Barnesandnoble.com): MaryJanice Davidson's cult hit Undead and Unwed is a delightful mixture of Sex and the City and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Waking up in a tacky coffin, and wearing off-brand shoes, Betsy Taylor can't believe the horrible turn her life has taken–then she discovers she's a vampire. Soon, Betsy becomes a participant in a power struggle between the forces of darkness. With only her friend Jessica and the hunky vampire Sinclair to help her, this new "Queen of Vampires" will have a tough time getting her afterlife straight.

So, what do I think?

Overall: This book was definitely not a YA adult book. I think I needed a more grown up character for awhile and Betsy Taylor hit the spot. I must warn you, this book has some graphic sex scenes. I was even a little aroused while reading some parts (blush). THIS IS NOT FOR YOUNG ADULTS. So, there is my warning. With that being said, I totally loved this book. The writing wasn't the best, but the storyline and characters were intersting and kept me wanting to read more.

Characters: The synopsis was spot on. It is just like Sex and the City and Buffy the Vampire Slayer put together. Bewtsy may be the Queen of the undead, but that doesn't mean she can't look fantastic while doing it. Sometimes I wanted to slap Betsy in the face, but then she would do something that would make me almost pee in my pants. Eric Sinclair is described perfectly. Super dreamy, but is a pain in the you know what. He knows he is hot and acts like it. The worst kind. He does something at the end that is so unforgivable.

Googie's Grade: 4 out of 5 stars!!

If you like this book, you might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me your inner Bookworm and leave a comment!!