Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (2)

This is my second time to write about what books I am waiting on to release this year. I actually haven't been that into looking at the books that are coming out, but after looking at some of the other blogs, I think it's kinda fun!!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. I love reading her blog and think you guys should go check it out!!

This week's book is:


Hunger
By: Jackie Morse Kessler
Release Date: October 18, 2010

Synopsis (from Amazon.com): Lisabeth Lewis has a black steed, a set of scales, and a new job: she’s been appointed Famine. How will an anorexic seventeen-year-old girl from the suburbs fare as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?


Traveling the world on her steed gives Lisa freedom from her troubles at home—her constant battle with hunger, and her struggle to hide it from the people who care about her. But being Famine forces her to go places where hunger is a painful part of everyday life, and to face the horrifying effects of her phenomenal power. Can Lisa find a way to harness that power—and the courage to fight her own inner demons?

A wildly original approach to the issue of eating disorders, Hunger is about the struggle to find balance in a world of extremes, and uses fantastic tropes to explore a difficult topic that touches the lives of many teens.
 
Why I can't wait:
 
I love a good fantasy novel and also one that has a great message, and this one does both. This book talks about anorexia, something a lot of girls are dealing with in todays society. I think that this book pushes the limits and really shows the message that anorexia sucks. After reading the book Wintergirls last year, I have been interested in reading more books about social issues like this. (One reason why I am reading Cut right now)
 
What are you looking forward to reading?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're participating...I loooove seeing what other bloggers are excited about!

    My sister was anorexic as a teen, so that's a particular subject of interest for me. Nice pick...!

    ReplyDelete

Show me your inner Bookworm and leave a comment!!