Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted weekly by Breaking the Spine. Here we share what we are looking forward to reading!! If only they would be published already!!!

This week's book is:


The Other Life
By: Susanne Winnacker
Release Date: February 2012




Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Sherry and her family have lived sealed in a bunker in the garden since things went wrong up above. Her grandfather has been in the freezer for the last three months, her parents are at each other’s throats and two minutes ago they ran out of food.


Sherry and her father leave the safety of the bunker and find a devastated and empty LA, smashed to pieces by bombs and haunted by ‘Weepers’ - rabid humans infected with a weaponized rabies virus.

While searching for food in a supermarket, Sherry’s father disappears and Sherry is saved by Joshua, a boy-hunter. He takes her to Safe-haven, a tumble-down vineyard in the hills outside LA, where a handful of other survivors are picking up the pieces of their ‘other lives’. As she falls in love for the first time, Sherry must save her father, stay alive and keep Joshua safe when his desire for vengeance threatens them all.

Why I can't wait:

First, I love the cover. The butterfly looks like it is dripping blood. Second, I like female main characters and Sherry looks like a strong female character. The part of the synopsis that really drew me to this book was that it takes place in a distopian society. LA has been blown up and people have to survive. And who doesn't like a little flesh eating zombie?? I will be waiting to pick this one up!!

If you can't wait, try this one:

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy dystopians, and I'm glad to see some true post-apocalypse type stuff instead of all the government run amuck that's been popular as of late. I do love the cover too - at first it looks very feminine and "girly" but when you really look at it, it's truly dark and creepy.

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great WoW! This book clearly has a lot going on!
    Here's mine if you want to take a peek: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover too, the white and red go perfectly together. The synopsis has my attention too! I'm definitely looking forward to this one - thanks for putting it on my radar!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds really cool! Thanks for sharing! Feel free to check out my WoW here. New follower!

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone else had this too and it's the first time I've heard of it. It sounds awesome!! I added it to my TBR list :) Great choice!!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Show me your inner Bookworm and leave a comment!!